|Bill Reaves, Field of Flowers, c. 1972 via U.S. National Archives|
Wow, the summer has just flown by! It's hard to believe that August is already here. How did all your summers go? Mine was pretty good so far. I did manage go on a little vacation back East to visit my family and go to a wedding. I did get a bunch more illustrations done. Yay!
I think have a good mellow flow happening right now. But, if I face reality, I know I need to pick up the pace and get a lot more done. What about you?
So, as far as the next few months go, here's the big plans:
- I'm trying to get close to 100 pieces in the shop by October 1st. So basically I will be drawing/painting like a maniac the next few months...
- Start getting prepared for the holiday rush on Etsy.
- Work on a bunch of editorial pieces to add to my portfolio.
- Focus on getting my work out there more...blogs, websites and online magazines.
- Work on my portfolio site. Make sure it looks perfect to start showing off to publishers.
- Gallery shows...hopefully I have a few coming up.
- I applied to my first art contest/art show. Fingers crossed that I get in.
- Art/Craft shows. I would love to get in at least one this fall.
- Get my jewelry in stores. There a couple places that would like to consign them. But I have to make a few more to feel ready.
- Add more necklaces to Etsy.
- Rework photography (photographing these necklaces has been harder than I thought).
- Design postcard mailers and have them printed.
- Choose 10 publishers to send my work to.
- Study up on professionalism in send my work to places.
- Design logo.
- Design stationary and stickers.
- Rework blog.
- Look for some magic way to make some money (Ok, maybe not magic but I need to figure out a way to get a little more income coming in). What do you do when you need a little extra?
- Damon and I have a bunch of mini trips coming up, so I need to get better at time management.
- Find some few places to advertise my shop.
- Get more involved with SFEtsy and the Center for the Book! Volunteer and get out of the house more!!!
- Work on book ideas with the Ladies & Gents series.
- Get better working schedule for New Bohemia Signs.
- Get a better blog posting schedule.
Here's to much success and productivity!!!!!
What is the Meetup thing, you ask? It is a group of creatives that encourage each other each month to make and complete their goals. Join us...it is an amazing to watch the progress of others and yourself...
Contact Liz for more info here.