|Looking a little closer at things...via The Smithsonian Institution|
Wow, July just flew by, didn't it? I am ready to be pushing myself hard this month. Pushing past the rality of my 40th birthday on the 25th. Yikes....So, I've got a lot to do. But I'm pretty excited about the possibilies of it all.
So what did I accomplish in July? Not as much as I wanted but I did manage to create 10 more illustrations for my Ladies & Gents Series. I started reworking my blog. How do you like the new header so far? (there still a bit of work to be done but I'm happy with it so far.) and I worked on creating a better system for working. Yay, for better time management and making schedules...I'm doing better at finding balance with all my different projects I've been working on. And believe me, it is a very good thing.
My plans/goals for August:
- Get all prints up on Etsy. I'm hoping to have have at least 25 prints for sale.
- Start blogging for The Center for the Book.
- Keep schedule at New Bohemia Signs. 10 -15 hours a week. Create a solid project list.
- Paint a new Nursery Painting for Angela.
- Create a Blogging schedule and stick to it.
- Create at least one painting a month for Illustration Friday.
- Get my profile up on Illustration Mundo.
- Take more pictures...
- Draw everyday.
- Start getting ready to market myself as a freelancer. Anyone have any tips? I need to get more business minded.
- Take a mini vacation and enjoy my birthday...
- Get my work out to at least one new blog or website.
- Find a good exercise and mediation routine.
- Start creating ideas for the "Ladies & Gents" series as a book possibility.
- Bring some focus to working in Editorial Illustration.
- Practice my lettering for the sign shop 2x a week.
What is the Meetup thing, you ask? It is a group of creatives that encourage each other each month to make and complete their goals. Join us...it is an amazing to watch the progress of others and yourself...
Contact Liz for more info here.