|Girl Playing Via Nationaal Archief|
Hey Everybody, hope you are enjoying your summer so far. Wow...I don't believe that it is already July. It has been a crazy month for me and I really need to refocus on my artwork. And find time for a little bit of fun too, no?
As you may know, I have been working at New Bohemia Signs for the last few months and and am very thankful for the work(mostly administrative stuff but I'm also learning some lettering). It's been great to be surrounded by such amazing and inspiring artists and I have been loving watching them finally get the recognition they deserve. Way to go everybody!
Now that the craziness of me working full time at the sign shop and our gallery show almost over, it is time for me to get back to it my illustration work.
So what's a the Bluehour Studio plate for July?
- Redo the Blog! I need to get a new look that matches well with my website.
- Finish up the new website...It is not 100% done yet but I'm pretty happy with the results so far. You can take a peek here.
- Add artwork to my Etsy page. I have work to go up. I just need to figure out the descriptions for each of the pieces. I need to get this going already. Why am I so nervous about this? Damn you fear.
- Redo my business cards. I've never been totally happy with them, so a new design is in order. And I need to get in the habit of carrying them with me wherever I go. I need to really focus on becoming more business oriented.
- Create a mailing list and postcards to send out to potential clients.
- Get back to drawing everyday.
- Restart Morning Pages.
- Add more work to my portfolio section of my website.
- Actively search for new illustration jobs.
- Get back to blogging more( at least 3x a week), updating Twitter and Facebook(both pages) and updating my other art sites more often ( Society 6 and Design Related)
- Bi-Monthly Illustration Friday drawings. This weeks topic, " Remedy". I love doing these because it gets you used to doing deadlines.
- Lose 10 pounds by my 40th birthday. This is coming up at the end of August. I'm pretty freaked out about it and I want to look my best.
- Get on a better exercise routine.
- Add more paintings to the "Ladies & Gents" series
- Create painting for my Nursery Series AKA super cute birds and animal prints to sell on Etsy.
- Take as many mini-vacations as humanly possible...it is summer after all.
Oh, yeah and it seems this is also my one year anniversary as a business. I've grown so much in the last 12 months. It has been exciting and difficult but I'm ready rearrange a few things, learn some new strategies and push forward...Here's to all of that!
What is the Meetup thing, you ask? It is a group of creatives that encourage each other each month to make and complete their goals. Join us...it is an amazing to watch the progress of others and yourself...
Contact Liz for more info here.